Hello, everyone! I’m back (again) and am ready for some studying and blogging this November. It seems like a good idea to find some indoor activities, since it’s getting so cold and dark out!
It’s been a while since I’ve been actively studying my languages, so I thought kicking off with a Clear the List post was the best way to go. So, without further ado, here are my goals for the next month…
Disclaimer: Although November is a 6WC month and I fully intend on studying throughout, I am also taking part in NaNoWriMo so I’m also going to be writing like crazy. My goals are, therefore, going to be a little on the lighter side this time around. 😉
Study Mandarin for at least 12 hours. – Mandarin is my 6WC language and it’s one I’d really like to improve as I can feel the deterioration ever since I finished my first degree. I’m hoping to study a little every day (here’s to hoping Duolingo gets their course out sometime next month!) to at least refresh, especially when it comes to reading and writing.
Water everything on Memrise. – My poor Memrise plants! As I often do with actual plants, I have neglected them, and I’d like to fix that. I have an awful lot to water (and obviously I want to learn new words too) but hopefully by December, I’ll be starting with a more-or-less blank slate.
Keep up a month-long streak on Memrise, Duolingo, and Clozemaster. – None of these three websites, alone, can help you entirely learn a language, but I like all three and I’d like to get into the habit of using them every day. I have individual point targets on each one that I have to hit, but it doesn’t add up to that much time, especially considering all the downtime I have right now getting to or from work.
Read at least one book/watch a couple of films in German. – I still actively use my German (and I’m going back to Vienna in December, yay!), but I’m now having to make an effort again to maintain it. I’m also not going to hit my Super Challenge targets (better luck next time) but there’s no reason not to keep going!
That’s it for this month–I don’t want to overwhelm myself with everything else I have planned, so this keeps things nice and simple. I’m going to document my 6WC progress throughout November, so I’ll be back at least weekly.
Bye for now! 🙂
Clear The List Linkup Rules:
1. Share your goal post whether it includes your aspirations for the month or year. Submissions unrelated to the theme or links to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this post. You can use our button if you wish.
3. Follow the hosts: Lindsay from Lindsay Does Languages, Shannon from Eurolinguiste, Kris from Actual Fluency, and Angel from French Lover.
4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Please visit the site of the person who linked up immediately before you and leave them an encouraging comment! By hosting this linkup, we’re hoping to create a positive community where we can all share our goals. If you do not do this, you will be removed from the linkup.
5. Share on social media using #ClearTheList
Hello, lovely to see you back here. I’d never heard of 6WC before, thanks for sharing, I’m really looking forward to seeing how you get on. Best of luck!
love the snow on your website! very festive
So glad you’re back!